This is where the BNR government meetings took place since December 1918, when the Bolsheviks occupied Minsk. For six months, Horadnia became the capital of the BNR.
Since March 1919, the Belarusian National Committee, the Central Belarusian Rada (Council) of the Horadnia Region, the Belarusian club “Our Hut”, the Society of Belarusian Youth, and the editorial office of the newspaper “Belarus” worked at this place, in the building of the Hotel “Russia”. There were courses of the Belarusian language and Belarusian evenings here. The Head of Government Anton Luckievič, Friends of the Government Liavon Zajac and Kuźma Ciareščanka, who became the Minister of Internal Affairs of BNR since February 1919, were in Horadnia. Members of the BNR Government Aliaksandr Cvikievič, Vasiĺ Zacharka and Arkadź Smolič separately returned there with a loan received from the Ukrainians.
On March 21, 1919, the entire BNR Government gathered in Horadnia to discuss issues related to the Ukrainian loan at the meeting. It is in this building in the spring of 1919 that the first anniversary of the proclamation of BNR independence was celebrated.